sideslip(redirected from sideslipped)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
intr.v. side·slipped, side·slip·ping, side·slips
1. To slip or skid to one side.
2. To slide sideways and downward in skiing.
3. To fly sideways and downward in an airplane along the lateral axis to reduce altitude without gaining speed or as the result of banking too deeply.
1. (Automotive Engineering) a sideways skid, as of a motor vehicle
2. (Aeronautics) a sideways and downward movement towards the inside of a turn by an aircraft in a sharp bank
vb, -slips, -slipping or -slipped
(Aeronautics) another name for slip112
v. -slipped, -slip•ping,
1. to slip to one side.
2. (of an airplane) to slide sideways in a downward direction toward the center of the curve described in turning.n.
3. an act or instance of sideslipping.
Past participle: sideslipped
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||sideslip - an unexpected slide|
|2.||sideslip - a flight maneuver; aircraft slides sideways in the air|