Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
tr.v. side·swiped, side·swip·ing, side·swipes
To strike along the side in passing.
1. A glancing blow on or along the side.
2. An incidental critical remark; a gibe.
1. a glancing blow or hit along or from the side
2. an unexpected criticism of someone or something while discussing another subject
to strike (someone) with such a blow
v. -swiped, -swip•ing,
1. to strike with a glancing blow in passing.n.
2. a glancing blow in passing.
Past participle: sideswiped
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||sideswipe - a glancing blow from or on the side of something (especially motor vehicles)|
|Verb||1.||sideswipe - strike from the side|
strike - deliver a sharp blow, as with the hand, fist, or weapon; "The teacher struck the child"; "the opponent refused to strike"; "The boxer struck the attacker dead"