Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Material, such as boards or shingles, used for surfacing the outside walls of a frame building.
2. A short section of railroad track connected by switches with a main track.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Railways) a short stretch of railway track connected to a main line, used for storing rolling stock or to enable trains on the same line to pass
2. (Railways) a short railway line giving access to the main line for freight from a factory, mine, quarry, etc
3. (Building) US and Canadian material attached to the outside of a building to make it weatherproof
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a short railroad track opening onto a main track at one or both ends.
2. Also called weatherboard. any of several varieties of weatherproof facing for frame buildings.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||siding - a short stretch of railroad track used to store rolling stock or enable trains on the same line to pass|
|2.||siding - material applied to the outside of a building to make it weatherproof|
building material - material used for constructing buildings
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995