Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A language that uses a system of manual, facial, and other body movements as the means of communication, especially among deaf people.
2. A method of communication, as between speakers of different languages, that uses hand movements and other gestures.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Languages) another word for signing
2. (Languages) any system of communication by manual signs or gestures
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. any of several visual-gestural systems of communication, esp. employing manual gestures, as used among deaf people.
2. any means of communication, as between speakers of different languages, using gestures.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||sign language - language expressed by visible hand gestures|
language, linguistic communication - a systematic means of communicating by the use of sounds or conventional symbols; "he taught foreign languages"; "the language introduced is standard throughout the text"; "the speed with which a program can be executed depends on the language in which it is written"
sign - a gesture that is part of a sign language
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
ngôn ngữ cử chỉ
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
sign language→ لُغَةُ الإشَارَة znaková řeč tegnsprog Zeichensprache νοηματική γλώσσα lenguaje por señas viittomakieli langue des signes znakovni jezik linguaggio dei segni 手話 수화 gebarentaal tegnspråk język migowy linguagem de sinais кинетическая речь teckenspråk ภาษาสัญลักษณ์ işaret dili ngôn ngữ cử chỉ 哑语
Multilingual Translator © HarperCollins Publishers 2009
n. lenguaje mímico por señales. V.: dactylology
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012