Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. One who is filthy or foul.
2. One who is considered to be sexually promiscuous. Used especially of a woman.
A rhythmic dance performed to reggae or ska music, characterized by bending forward, raising the knees, and extending the hands.
intr.v. skanked, skank·ing, skanks
To dance the skank.
[Jamaican English, to loaf, be shifty, be cunning, dance the skank; perhaps akin to skank.]
1. (Dancing) a fast dance to reggae music
2. slang a promiscuous female
(Dancing) to perform this dance
skank(skæŋk) Slang. v.i.
1. to dance with violent, jerky movements, rhythmically bending forward and raising the knees, usu. to reggae music.n.
2. a prostitute.
3. dirty or repulsive matter; filth.
4. a dirty, repulsive, or immoral person.
[1980–85, Amer.; orig. uncertain]
skank′y, adj. -i•er, -i•est.
Past participle: skanked
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||skank - any substance considered disgustingly foul or unpleasant|
|2.||skank - a rhythmic dance to reggae music performed by bending forward and extending the hands while bending the knees|
|Verb||1.||skank - dance the skank|
n (US pej sl) → Drecksschlampe f (sl)