Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A person with a shaven head or very close cropped hair, especially one who associates with a group of similar people.
2. Such a person who associates with a group that commits hooliganism or street violence or that holds white supremacist or anti-immigrant views.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a youth with closely cropped hair, esp a member of a subculture noted for short hair, heavy boots, and functional clothing, and commonly associated with aggressive behaviour and extreme, typically far-right, politics
2. (Hairdressing & Grooming) a closely cropped hairstyle
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a person with a bald or shaved head or closely cropped hair.
2. an antisocial person who affects a hairless head as a symbol of rebellion, racism, or anarchy.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||skinhead - a young person who belongs to a British or American group that shave their heads and gather at rock concerts or engage in white supremacist demonstrations|
bootboys, skinheads - a youth subculture that appeared first in England in the late 1960s as a working-class reaction to the hippies; hair was cropped close to the scalp; wore work-shirts and short jeans (supported by suspenders) and heavy red boots; involved in attacks against Asians and football hooliganism
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
skinhead[ˈskɪnhɛd] n → skinhead mf
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
skinhead→ حَلِّيقُ الرَّأس skinhead skinhead Skinhead σκίνχεντ cabeza rapada skinhead skin skinhed skinhead スキンヘッド 스킨헤드족 skinhead shinhead skin skinhead бритоголовый skinhead คนที่โกนผมหัวล้าน dazlak kafa đầu trọc 理平头的男人
Multilingual Translator © HarperCollins Publishers 2009