Skiting - definition of skiting by The Free Dictionary
skite (redirected from skiting)
Also found in: Thesaurus
1. (intr) to slide or slip, as on ice
2. (tr) to strike with a sharp or glancing blow
3. an instance of sliding or slipping
4. a sharp or glancing blow
5. (Brewing) on the skite on a skite Scot and Irish on a drinking spree
[C18: of uncertain origin]
1. boastful talk
2. a person who boasts
[C19: from Scottish and northern English dialect; see skate3]
Past participle: skited
References in periodicals archive
This time, 12 months ago, Saints were going down faster than a fat man skiting
down a chimney.
* Sarah Price returns to the winners' enclosure on Skiting
, her first winner in Papua New Guinea
Combine a couple of glasses of wine with the shiny floor tiles they have in restaurants and each trip to the bathroom without skiting
across the floor becomes a challenge of Olympian proportions.
Basically because that's the colour your backside will be after skiting
on the ice walking home.