slam dunk(redirected from slam dunks)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
1. Basketball A dramatic forceful dunk shot.
2. Slang Something that is easy to accomplish or certain to occur: a case that the prosecutor saw as a slam dunk.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Basketball) basketball a scoring shot in which a player jumps up and forces the ball down through the basket
2. informal a task so easy that success in it is deemed a certainty
3. (Basketball) basketball to jump up and force (a ball) through a basket
4. (tr) informal US to defeat decisively
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
a forceful, often dramatic dunk shot in basketball.
slam′ dunk`er, n.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||slam dunk - something that is a sure to occur; a foregone conclusion; "predicting his success was a slam dunk"|
|2.||slam dunk - a forceful dunk|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.