Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. A vehicle having runners and used for carrying people or loads over ice and snow; a sledge.
2. A light vehicle, often with runners, used especially by children for coasting over snow or ice.
3. Informal A snowmobile.
4. A movable, slotted surface that slides over the blade of a table saw, used to ensure accurate cuts.
v. sled·ded, sled·ding, sleds
To carry on or convey by a sled.
To ride or use a sled.
[Middle English sledde, from Middle Dutch.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a person who rides on or steers a sled.
2. a horse or other animal for drawing a sled.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.