Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One that slides: The snowy hill was filled with young sliders.
2. Baseball A fast pitch released with the index and middle fingers close together and slightly off center so that it breaks in the same direction as a curve ball as it approaches the plate.
3. A small hamburger served on a small bun, usually as a snack or appetizer.
4. Any of various turtles of the genus Trachemys, especially T. scripta subsp. elegans of North America, having a red stripe behind the eye and often kept as a pet.
1. a person or thing that slides.
2. a fast-pitched baseball that curves slightly and sharply in front of a batter, away from the side from which it was thrown.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||slider - a person who slips or slides because of loss of traction|
individual, mortal, person, somebody, someone, soul - a human being; "there was too much for one person to do"
snowboarder - someone who slides down snow-covered slopes while standing on a snowboard
|2.||slider - someone who races the luge|
sledder - someone who rides a sled
|3.||slider - freshwater turtle of United States and South America; frequently raised commercially; some young sold as pets|
turtle - any of various aquatic and land reptiles having a bony shell and flipper-like limbs for swimming
|4.||slider - a fastball that curves slightly away from the side from which it was thrown|
n (Comput: in dialog box) → Schieberegler m