Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. A thick, sticky, slippery substance.
2. Biology A mucous substance secreted by certain animals, such as catfishes and slugs.
3. Soft moist earth; mud.
4. A slurry containing very fine particulate matter.
5. Vile or disgusting matter.
6. Slang A despicable or repulsive person.
tr.v. slimed, slim·ing, slimes
1. To smear with slime.
2. To remove slime from (fish to be canned, for example).
3. To vilify or malign (someone), especially publicly.