Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The act or an instance of slipping, especially movement away from an original or secure place.
2. The amount or extent of slipping.
3. A decline in level, performance, or achievement.
4. Loss of motion or power because of slipping.
1. (Mechanical Engineering) the act or an instance of slipping
2. (Mechanical Engineering) the amount of slipping or the extent to which slipping occurs
a. an instance of not reaching a norm, target, etc
b. the extent of this
4. (Mechanical Engineering) the power lost in a mechanical device or system as a result of slipping
1. an act or instance of slipping.
2. an amount or extent of slipping.
3. (in machinery) the amount of work dissipated by slipping of parts, excess play, etc.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||slippage - a decrease of transmitted power in a mechanical system caused by slipping|
|2.||slippage - decline from a standard level of performance or achievement|
|3.||slippage - failing to hold or slipping out of place; "the knots allowed no slippage"|