Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. Frozen precipitation consisting of hexagonally symmetrical ice crystals that form soft, white flakes.
2. A falling of snow; a snowstorm.
3. Something resembling snow, as:
a. The white specks on a television screen resulting from weak reception.
b. Slang Cocaine.
c. Slang Heroin.
v. snowed, snow·ing, snows
To fall as or in snow.
1. To cover, shut off, or close off with snow: We were snowed in.
2. Slang To overwhelm with insincere talk, especially with flattery.
1. To overwhelm: I was snowed under with work.
2. To defeat by a very large margin.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007