Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Any of various shrubs of the genus Symphoricarpos, especially S. albus of North America, having small pinkish flowers and white berries.
2. Any of various tropical American shrubs or vines of the genus Chiococca, having small yellow or white flowers and white berries.
n, pl -ries
1. (Plants) any of several caprifoliaceous shrubs of the genus Symphoricarpos, esp S. albus, cultivated for their small pink flowers and white berries
2. (Plants) Also called: waxberry any of the berries of such a plant
3. (Plants) any of various other white-berried plants
snow•ber•ry(ˈsnoʊˌbɛr i, -bə ri)
n., pl. -ries.
a North American shrub, Symphoricarpos albus, of the honeysuckle family, cultivated for its ornamental white berries.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||snowberry - deciduous shrub of western North America having spikes of pink flowers followed by round white berries|
poisonous plant - a plant that when touched or ingested in sufficient quantity can be harmful or fatal to an organism