Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. An apparatus with faucets for dispensing soft drinks and other beverages.
2. A lunch counter in a commercial establishment equipped for preparing and serving soft drinks, ice-cream dishes, or sandwiches.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Commerce) a counter that serves drinks, snacks, etc
2. (Cookery) an apparatus dispensing soda water
1. a counter, as in a restaurant or drugstore, at which sodas, ice cream, light meals, etc., are served.
2. an apparatus for dispensing soda water, usu. through faucets.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||soda fountain - a counter where ice cream and sodas and sundaes are prepared and served|
bar - a counter where you can obtain food or drink; "he bought a hot dog and a coke at the bar"
|2.||soda fountain - an apparatus for dispensing soda water|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.