soft soap(redirected from soft-soaping)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
1. A fluid or semifluid soap.
2. Informal Flattery; cajolery.
1. (Medicine) med another name for green soap
2. informal flattering, persuasive, or cajoling talk
informal to use such talk on (a person)
1. persuasive talk; flattery.
2. the semifluid soap produced when potassium hydroxide is used in the saponification of a fat or an oil.
soft′-soap′, v.t., v.i.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||soft soap - flattery designed to gain favor |
flattery - excessive or insincere praise
|2.||soft soap - a soft (or liquid) soap made from vegetable oils; used in certain skin diseases|
soap - a cleansing agent made from the salts of vegetable or animal fats