Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to soldering: Silver soldering
1. Any of various fusible alloys, usually tin and lead, used to join metallic parts.
2. Something that joins or cements.
v. sol·dered, sol·der·ing, sol·ders
1. To unite or repair (parts, for example) with solder.
2. To join or unite: The agreement soldered the factions into an alliance.
1. To unite or repair something with solder.
2. To be joined or united.
[Middle English soudur, from Old French soudure, soldure, from souder, soulder, to solder, from Latin solidāre, to make solid, from solidus, solid; see solid.]