Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. See sounding board.
2. A collection of sound bites in an audio file, especially when accessible over the internet.
1. Also called soundboard. a thin, resonant plate of wood forming part of a musical instrument, and so placed as to enhance the power and quality of the tone.
2. a structure over or at the back of a platform or stage to reflect sound toward the audience.
3. a person whose reactions serve as a measure of the acceptability of an idea or course of action.
4. a person or group that propagates ideas or opinions.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||soundboard - (music) resonator consisting of a thin board whose vibrations reinforce the sound of the instrument|
forte-piano, piano, pianoforte - a keyboard instrument that is played by depressing keys that cause hammers to strike tuned strings and produce sounds
cavity resonator, resonating chamber, resonator - a hollow chamber whose dimensions allow the resonant oscillation of electromagnetic or acoustic waves
sound hole - a hole in a soundboard (as of a violin) designed to resonate with the tones
stringed instrument - a musical instrument in which taut strings provide the source of sound
music - an artistic form of auditory communication incorporating instrumental or vocal tones in a structured and continuous manner