Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Abbr. SE The direction or point on the mariner's compass halfway between due south and due east, or 135° east of due north.
2. An area or region lying in the southeast.
3. Southeast A region of the southeast United States, usually including Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee, and sometimes including other adjoining states.
1. To, toward, of, facing, or in the southeast.
2. Originating in or coming from the southeast: a southeast wind.
In, from, or toward the southeast.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Physical Geography) another word for southeast
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||southeastern - situated in or oriented toward the southeast|
south - situated in or facing or moving toward or coming from the south; "the south entrance"
|2.||southeastern - of a region of the United States generally including Alabama; Georgia; Florida; Tennessee; South Carolina; North Carolina|
eastern - of or characteristic of eastern regions of the United States; "the Eastern establishment"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
southeastern[saʊθˈiːstən] ADJ → sudeste, sureste
the southeastern part of the island → la parte sudeste or sureste de la isla
in southeastern Spain → al sudeste or sureste de España
the southeastern coast → la costa sudoriental or suroriental
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005