Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. Informal Exceptional of its kind; remarkable.
2. Swift and vigorous: a spanking pace.
3. Brisk and fresh: a spanking breeze.
Used as an intensive: a spanking clean shirt.
A number of slaps on the buttocks delivered in rapid succession, as for punishment.
[Perhaps of Scandinavian origin.]
a series of spanks, esp on the buttocks, usually as a punishment for children
1. informal outstandingly fine, smart, large, etc
2. quick and energetic; lively
3. (esp of a breeze) fresh and brisk
[C17: of uncertain origin. Compare Danish spanke to strut]
1. moving rapidly and smartly.
2. quick and vigorous: a spanking pace.
3. blowing briskly: a spanking breeze.
4. unusually fine, great, large, etc.; remarkable; striking.adv.
5. extremely or strikingly; very: spanking clean.
[1660–70; perhaps < Scandinavian; compare Dan, Norwegian spanke, Swedish spånka to strut]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||spanking - the act of slapping on the buttocks; "he gave the brat a good spanking"|
|Adj.||1.||spanking - quick and energetic; "a brisk walk in the park"; "a lively gait"; "a merry chase"; "traveling at a rattling rate"; "a snappy pace"; "a spanking breeze"|
energetic - possessing or exerting or displaying energy; "an energetic fund raiser for the college"; "an energetic group of hikers"; "it caused an energetic chemical reaction"
กาน ดตเ กโน ปเุะ ฬโง ตโหต
n → Tracht f → Prügel; to give somebody a spanking → jdm eine Tracht Prügel verpassen, jdm den Hintern versohlen
(= splendid) in spanking condition → in hervorragendem Zustand