sporty(redirected from sportily)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
adj. sport·i·er, sport·i·est
1. Appropriate for sport or participation in sports.
2. Exhibiting sportsmanship; sporting.
3. Flashy; jazzy.
4. Casual, comfortable, and stylish: wore a sporty outfit to school.
adj, sportier or sportiest
1. (General Sporting Terms) (of a person) fond of sport or outdoor activities
2. (Clothing & Fashion) (of clothes) having the appearance of sportswear
3. (Automotive Engineering) (of a car) having the performance or appearance of a sports car
n, pl sporties
(Peoples) informal Brit a young person who typically wears sportswear, is competitive about sport, and takes an interest in his or her fitness
sport•y(ˈspɔr ti, ˈspoʊr-)
adj. sport•i•er, sport•i•est.
1. flashy; showy: a sporty costume.
2. smart in dress or behavior; dashing.
3. like or befitting a sportsman.
4. dissipated; fast.
5. designed for or suitable for sport.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||sporty - exhibiting or calling for sportsmanship or fair play; "a clean fight"; "a sporting solution of the disagreement"; "sportsmanlike conduct"|
|2.||sporty - (used especially of clothes) marked by conspicuous display|
|3.||sporty - appropriate for sport or engagement in a sport|
active - characterized by energetic activity; "an active toddler"; "active as a gazelle"; "an active man is a man of action"
2. athletic, active, sports-loving, outdoor, energetic, hearty He would go to the ballgames with his sporty friends.
ham mê thể thao