stage-manage(redirected from stage-manages)
tr.v. stage-man·aged, stage-man·ag·ing, stage-man·ag·es
1. To serve as overall supervisor of the stage and actors for (a theatrical production).
2. To direct or manipulate from behind the scenes, as to achieve a desired effect; orchestrate: "[The] demonstrations had ... been carefully stage-managed" (Time).
stage management n.
stage manager n.
1. (Theatre) to work as stage manager for (a play, etc)
2. (tr) to arrange, present, or supervise from behind the scenes: to stage-manage a campaign.
v. -aged, -ag•ing. v.t.
1. to work as a stage manager for.
2. to direct unobtrusively or in secret.v.i.
3. to work as a stage manager.
stage′ man`ager, n.
Past participle: stage-managed