Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Wikipedia.
1. Without stain or blemish: a stainless reputation.
2. Resistant to stain or corrosion: stainless metal.
3. Made of a stainless material: a stainless teapot.
1. (Metallurgy) resistant to discoloration, esp discoloration resulting from corrosion; rust-resistant: stainless steel.
2. having no blemish: a stainless reputation.
(Metallurgy) stainless steel
1. having no stain; spotless.
2. made of stainless steel.
3. resistant to staining or rusting.n.
4. flatware made of stainless steel.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||stainless - steel containing chromium that makes it resistant to corrosion|
alloy steel - steel who characteristics are determined by the addition of other elements in addition to carbon
|Adj.||1.||stainless - (of reputation) free from blemishes; "his unsullied name"; "an untarnished reputation"|