stairstep(redirected from stairstepping)
1. A step in a staircase.
2. stairsteps A staircase.
3. One of a series of objects or items grouped progressively according to height.
tr. & intr.v. stair·stepped, stair·step·ping, stair·steps
To position or be positioned progressively according to height: images stairstepped on a computer screen; ledges stairstepping down a mountainside.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
n., v. -stepped, -step•ping,
1. a step in a staircase.
2. stairsteps, stairs; a staircase.
3. Often, stairsteps. a group of persons or things whose relative size, height, etc., suggests the graduated level of steps in a staircase.v.i.
4. to occur or move in a pattern suggesting the steps of a staircase.adj.
5. resembling the steps of a staircase.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.