stash(redirected from stashed)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
tr.v. stashed, stash·ing, stash·es
To hide or store away in a secret place.
1. A secret place where something is hidden or stored.
2. Something, such as money or an illegal drug, that has been hidden or stored.
informal (often foll by: away) to put or store (money, valuables, etc) in a secret place, as for safekeeping
1. informal a secret store or the place where this is hidden
2. (Recreational Drugs) slang drugs kept for personal consumption
[C20: origin unknown]
1. to put by or away as for safekeeping or future use, usu. in a secret place (usu. fol. by away).n.
2. something put away or hidden.
3. a place in which something is stored secretly; hiding place.
[1790–1800; orig. uncertain]
Stasha hidden cache, 1942.
Past participle: stashed
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||stash - a secret store of valuables or money|
|Verb||1.||stash - save up as for future use|
1. Slang. To put or keep out of sight: