stay-at-home(redirected from stay-at-homes)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. Inclined to remain in one's home, locality, or country.
2. Sports Not engaging much in the offensive play: a stay-at-home defenseman.
A person who stays at or works from home.
(of a person) enjoying a quiet, settled, and unadventurous use of leisure
1. a stay-at-home person
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a person who does not bother to vote in a political election
1. not inclined to venture outside one's residence, area, or country.
2. of or pertaining to time spent at home.n.
3. a person who stays at or near home; homebody.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||stay-at-home - a person who seldom goes anywhere; one not given to wandering or travel|
|Adj.||1.||stay-at-home - not given to travel; "a stay-at-home friend"|
provincial - characteristic of the provinces or their people; "deeply provincial and conformist"; "in that well-educated company I felt uncomfortably provincial"; "narrow provincial attitudes"