steadied(redirected from steadiedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
adj. stead·i·er, stead·i·est
1. Firm in position or place; fixed.
2. Direct and unfaltering; sure.
3. Free or almost free from change, variation, or fluctuation; uniform: a steady increase in value; a steady breeze.
4. Not easily excited or upset: steady nerves.
5. Unwavering, as in purpose; steadfast.
6. Reliable; dependable.
7. Temperate; sober.
tr. & intr.v. stead·ied, stead·y·ing, stead·ies
To make or become steady.
Used to direct a helmsman to keep a ship's head in the same direction: Steady as she goes!
n. pl. stead·ies
The person whom one dates regularly, usually exclusively.