Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
Related to steam bath: steam room
1. The act of bathing through exposure to steam, which induces perspiration.
2. A room or building equipped to provide bathing with steam.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Swimming, Water Sports & Surfing) a room or enclosure that can be filled with steam in which people bathe to induce sweating and refresh or cleanse themselves
2. (Swimming, Water Sports & Surfing) an act of taking such a bath
3. (Chemistry) an enclosure through which steam can be passed continuously, used in laboratories for sterilizing equipment, maintaining a constant temperature, etc
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a bath of steam, usu. in a specially equipped room or enclosure, for cleansing or refreshing oneself.
2. the room or enclosure itself.
3. an establishment with facilities for such a bath.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||steam bath - a room that can be filled with steam in which people bathe; `vapour bath' is a British term|
room - an area within a building enclosed by walls and floor and ceiling; "the rooms were very small but they had a nice view"
Turkish bath - a steam room where facilities are available for a bath followed by a shower and massage
|2.||steam bath - you sweat in a steam room before getting a rubdown and cold shower|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.