Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
A beer mug, especially one that is large or decorated.
1. (Ceramics) an earthenware beer mug, esp of a German design
2. the quantity contained in such a mug
[German, literally: stone]
1. (Biography) Gertrude. 1874–1946, US writer, resident in Paris (1903–1946). Her works include Three Lives (1908) and The Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas (1933)
2. (Biography) Heinrich Friedrich Carl (ˈhainrɪç ˈfriːdrɪç karl), Baron Stein. 1757–1831, Prussian statesman, who contributed greatly to the modernization of Prussia and played a major role in the European coalition against Napoleon (1813–15)
3. (Biography) Jock, full name John. 1922–85, Scottish footballer and manager: managed Celtic (1965–78) and Scotland (1978–85)
1. a mug, usu. earthenware, esp. for beer.
2. the quantity contained in a stein.
[1900–05; < German: literally, stone]
Gertrude, 1874–1946, U.S. author in France.
n → Maßkrug m