stepwise(redirected from stepwise multiple regression)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. Marked by a gradual progression as if step by step: "Quantum mechanics is a natural system of stepwise interactions that governs very small things" (Malcolm W. Browne).
2. Music Moving from one tone to an adjacent one.
1. arranged in the manner of or resembling steps
2. (Music, other) music US proceeding by melodic intervals of a second
3. with the form or appearance of steps; step by step
4. (Music, other) music US in a stepwise motion
1. in a steplike arrangement.adj.
2. Music. moving from one adjacent tone to another.