Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Having a foul smell; fetid.
2. Slang Drunk; intoxicated.
Used as an intensive: stinking rich.
1. having a foul smell
2. informal unpleasant or disgusting
3. (postpositive) slang very drunk
informal (intensifier, expressing contempt for the person referred to): stinking rich.
2. Slang. very drunk; plastered.
3. contemptible; disgusting.adv.
4. completely or extremely.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||stinking - very bad; "a lousy play"; "it's a stinking world"|
colloquialism - a colloquial expression; characteristic of spoken or written communication that seeks to imitate informal speech
bad - having undesirable or negative qualities; "a bad report card"; "his sloppy appearance made a bad impression"; "a bad little boy"; "clothes in bad shape"; "a bad cut"; "bad luck"; "the news was very bad"; "the reviews were bad"; "the pay is bad"; "it was a bad light for reading"; "the movie was a bad choice"
|2.||stinking - offensively malodorous; "a foul odor"; "the kitchen smelled really funky"|
1. (Informal) rotten, disgusting, unpleasant, vile, contemptible, shitty (taboo slang), wretched I had a stinking cold.
1. Having an unpleasant odor:
2. Slang. Stupefied, excited, or muddled with alcoholic liquor:
Slang: blind, bombed, boozed, boozy, crocked, high, lit (up), loaded, looped, pickled, pixilated, plastered, potted, sloshed, smashed, soused, stinko, stoned, tight, zonked.