stinkpot(redirected from stinkpot turtle)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Related to stinkpot turtle: musk turtle
1. A small musk turtle (Sternotherus odoratus) of eastern North America, having a domed carapace and inhabiting ponds and small streams.
2. Slang One who is despised.
3. Slang A motorboat.
4. An earthenware jar containing combustibles emitting a suffocating smoke, formerly used in naval warfare.
1. slang a person or thing that stinks
2. slang a person considered to be unpleasant
3. (Animals) another name for musk turtle
4. (Military) military Also called: stink ball (formerly) a container filled with material that gives off noxious or suffocating vapours
1. a jar of combustibles that generate offensive and suffocating vapors, formerly used in warfare.
2. Informal. a mean person; stinker.
3. a common musk turtle, Sternotherus odoratus, of the eastern and southern U.S.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||stinkpot - a person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible; "only a rotter would do that"; "kill the rat"; "throw the bum out"; "you cowardly little pukes!"; "the British call a contemptible person a `git'"|
|2.||stinkpot - small freshwater turtle having a strong musky odor|
mud turtle - bottom-dwelling freshwater turtle inhabiting muddy rivers of North America and Central America