Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
tr.v. stip·pled, stip·pling, stip·ples
1. To draw, engrave, or paint in dots or short strokes.
2. To apply (paint, for example) in dots or short strokes.
3. To dot, fleck, or speckle: "They crossed a field stippled with purple weeds" (Flannery O'Connor).
1. A method of drawing, engraving, or painting using dots or short strokes.
2. The effect produced by stippling.
[Dutch stippelen, frequentative of stippen, to speckle, from stip, dot, from Middle Dutch.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
n. punteado, condición de apariencia con manchas.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012