Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to stock company: Joint stock company
1. A company or corporation whose capital is divided into shares.
2. A permanent company that performs a repertoire of plays, usually at a single theater.
1. (Stock Exchange) US a business enterprise the capital of which is divided into transferable shares
2. (Theatre) a US term for repertory company
1. a company or corporation whose capital is divided into shares represented by stock.
2. a theatrical company acting a repertoire of plays, usu. at its own theater.
A theater company that presents a repertory of plays at a single theater.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||stock company - a company whose capital is represented by stock|
company - an institution created to conduct business; "he only invests in large well-established companies"; "he started the company in his garage"
|2.||stock company - a theatrical company that performs plays from a repertoire|
theater company - a company that produces plays