Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. A person who owns or raises livestock.
2. A person who is in charge of livestock or works on a stock farm.
3. A person who is employed in a stockroom or warehouse.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
n, pl -men
a. a man engaged in the rearing or care of farm livestock, esp cattle
b. an owner of cattle or other livestock
2. (Professions) US and Canadian a man employed in a warehouse or stockroom
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
stock•man(ˈstɒk mən or, for 3, -ˌmæn)
n., pl. -men (-mən or, for 3, -ˌmɛn)
1. a person who raises livestock.
2. a person in charge of a stock of goods, as in a warehouse.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||stockman - farmer who breed or raises livestock|
sheepman - a man who raises (or tends) sheep
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.