Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to stocktaking: inventory item
1. A reappraisal of a situation, a person, or one's own position or prospects.
2. The act or process of inventorying merchandise or the supplies on hand.
1. (Commerce) the examination, counting, and valuing of goods on hand in a shop or business
2. a reassessment of one's current situation, progress, prospects, etc
2. the act of appraising a present situation in terms of accomplishments and goals.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||stocktaking - reappraisal of a situation or position or outlook|
|2.||stocktaking - making an itemized list of merchandise or supplies on hand; "an inventory may be necessary to see if anything is missing"; "they held an inventory every month"|