Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to storied: storeyed
1. Celebrated or famous in history or story: the storied journey of the Mayflower.
2. Ornamented with designs representing scenes from history, legend, or story: storied tapestry.
Having or consisting of a specified number of stories. Often used in combination: a three-storied house; a multistoried office building.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. recorded in history or in a story; fabled
2. (Art Terms) decorated with narrative scenes or pictures
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
sto•ried1(ˈstɔr id, ˈstoʊr-)
1. recorded or celebrated in history or story.
2. ornamented with designs representing historical, legendary, or similar subjects.
sto•ried2(ˈstɔr id, ˈstoʊr-)
having stories (often used in combination): a two-storied house.Also, esp. Brit.,sto′reyed.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||storied - having an illustrious past|
glorious - having or deserving or conferring glory; "a long and glorious career"; "our glorious literature"
|2.||storied - having stories as indicated; "a six-storied building"|
combining form - a bound form used only in compounds; "`hemato-' is a combining form in words like `hematology'"
high-rise - used of buildings of many stories equipped with elevators; tall; "avenues lined with high-rise apartment buildings"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.