Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
a. The act, manner, or process of stowing.
b. The state of being stored.
a. Space or room for storage.
b. A place or container for storage.
3. Goods in storage or to be stowed.
4. A charge for storing goods.
1. space, room, or a charge for stowing goods
2. the act or an instance of stowing or the state of being stowed
3. something that is stowed
1. an act or process of stowing.
2. the state of being stowed.
3. capacity for stowing something.
4. a place for stowing something.
5. something that is stowed or to be stowed.
6. a charge for stowing something.
The method of placing cargo into a single hold or compartment of a ship to prevent damage, shifting, etc.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||stowage - the charge for stowing goods |
charge - the price charged for some article or service; "the admission charge"
|2.||stowage - a room in which things are stored |
chandlery - a storeroom where candles are kept
lumber room - a storeroom in a house where odds and ends can be stored (especially furniture)
room - an area within a building enclosed by walls and floor and ceiling; "the rooms were very small but they had a nice view"
strongroom - a burglarproof and fireproof room in which valuables are kept
|3.||stowage - the act of packing or storing away|
storage - the commercial enterprise of storing goods and materials