strappy(redirected from strappiest)
a. A long narrow strip of pliant material such as leather.
b. Such a strip equipped with a buckle or similar fastener for binding or securing objects.
2. A thin flat metal or plastic band used for fastening or clamping objects together or into position.
3. A narrow band formed into a loop for grasping with the hand.
4. A razor strop.
5. A strip of leather used in flogging.
tr.v. strapped, strap·ping, straps
1. To fasten or secure with a strap.
2. To beat with a strap.
3. To sharpen (a razor, for example).
[Alteration of strop.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
adj, -pier or -piest
(Clothing & Fashion) (of clothes) having prominent straps: strappy sandals .
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007