stridor(redirected from stridor dentium)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. A harsh, shrill, grating, or creaking sound.
2. Medicine A harsh, high-pitched sound in inhalation or exhalation.
[Latin strīdor, from strīdēre, to make harsh sounds, ultimately of imitative origin.]
1. (Pathology) pathol a high-pitched whistling sound made during respiration, caused by obstruction of the air passages
2. chiefly literary a harsh or shrill sound
[C17: from Latin; see strident]
1. a harsh, grating, or creaking sound.
2. a harsh respiratory sound due to obstruction of the breathing passages.
n. estridor, ruido sordo respiratorio.