Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to structured: structured programming, Structured data, Structured finance, Structured interview, Structured products
a. Having a well-defined structure or organization; highly organized: a structured environment.
b. Arranged in a definite pattern.
2. Psychology Having a limited number of correct or nearly correct answers. Used of a test.
3. Of or relating to a financial security that uses a complex or unusual financial structure, usually including derivatives, to provide regular interest payments and exposure to specific risks.
1. having a distinct physical shape or form, often provided by an internal structure
2. planned in broad outline; organized: structured play for preschoolers.
3. having a definite predetermined pattern; rigid: structured hierarchy.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||structured - having definite and highly organized structure; "a structured environment"|
organized - formed into a structured or coherent whole
unstructured - lacking definite structure or organization; "an unstructured situation with no one in authority"; "a neighborhood gang with a relatively unstructured system"; "children in an unstructured environment often feel insecure"; "unstructured inkblots"
|2.||structured - resembling a living organism in organization or development; "society as an integrated whole"|
organic - being or relating to or derived from or having properties characteristic of living organisms; "organic life"; "organic growth"; "organic remains found in rock"