Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Resembling a style in shape; slender and pointed: the styloid muscles in carnivores.
2. Anatomy Of, relating to, or designating any of several slender, pointed bone processes, especially the spine that projects from the base of the temporal bone.
A long solitary crystal of calcium oxalate occurring in the cells of certain plants.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. resembling a stylus
2. anatomy of or relating to a projecting process of the temporal bone
[C18: from New Latin styloides, from Greek stuloeidēs like a stylus; influenced also by Greek stulos pillar]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. Bot. resembling a style; slender and pointed.
2. of or designating a long, spinelike process of a bone, esp. that projecting from the temporal bone.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
a. estiloide, de forma larga y puntiaguda.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012