Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Of or relating to particles that are smaller than an atom.
2. Having dimensions or participating in reactions characteristic of the constituents of the atom.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (General Physics) of, relating to, or being a particle making up an atom or a process occurring within atoms: the electron is a subatomic particle.
2. (General Physics) having dimensions smaller than atomic dimensions
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
sub•a•tom•ic(ˌsʌb əˈtɒm ɪk)
1. of or pertaining to a process that occurs within an atom.
2. of or pertaining to particles contained in an atom, as electrons, protons, or neutrons.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||subatomic - of or relating to constituents of the atom or forces within the atom; "subatomic particles"; "harnessing subatomic energy"|
|2.||subatomic - of smaller than atomic dimensions|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
subatomic[ˌsʌbəˈtɒmɪk] ADJ → subatómico
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
subatomic[ˌsʌbəˈtɒmɪk] adj → subatomico/a
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
a. subatómico-a, menor que un átomo.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012