sublease(redirected from subleased)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
Related to subleased: lessee
tr.v. sub·leased, sub·leas·ing, sub·leas·es
1. To sublet (property).
2. To rent (property) under a sublease.
A lease of property granted by a lessee.
(Law) a lease of property made by a person who is himself or herself a lessee or tenant of that property
1. (Law) to grant a sublease of (property); sublet
2. (Law) (tr) to take, obtain, or hold by sublease
sub•lease(n. ˈsʌbˌlis; v. sʌbˈlis)
n., v. -leased, -leas•ing. n.
1. a lease granted to another person by the lessee of a property.v.t.
2. to grant a sublease of.
3. to take or hold a sublease of.v.i.
4. to grant or hold a sublease; sublet.
sub`les•see′ (-lɛˈsi) n.
sub•les•sor (sʌbˈlɛs ɔr, ˌsʌb lɛˈsɔr) n.
Past participle: subleased
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||sublease - a lease from one lessee to another|
|Verb||1.||sublease - lease or rent all or part of (a leased or rented property) to another person; "We sublet our apartment over the summer"|