Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Something that is subsequent; a sequel.
2. The fact or quality of being subsequent.
3. (-sē′kwəns) Mathematics A sequence that is contained in another sequence.
1. the fact or state of being subsequent
2. a subsequent incident or occurrence
3. (Mathematics) maths a sequence derived from a given sequence by selecting certain of its terms and retaining their order. Thus, <a2, a3> is a subsequence of <a1, a2, a3>, while <a3, a2> is not
sub•se•quence(ˈsʌb sɪ kwəns)
1. the state or fact of being subsequent.
2. a subsequent occurrence, event, etc.; sequel.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||subsequence - something that follows something else|
|2.||subsequence - following in time|
lateness - quality of coming late or later in time