Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to supercharged: turbocharger
1. Increased in power, as by adding a supercharger: a supercharged engine.
2. Highly energetic; dynamic: a new supercharged head of the school.
3. Full of excitement or emotional tension: a supercharged atmosphere before the meeting.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Mechanical Engineering) mechanical engineering (of an internal-combustion engine or car) having increased the air intake pressure with a supercharger; boosted
2. (of an atmosphere, a remark, etc) with an excess amount of tension, emotion, etc
3. (General Physics) physics (of a fluid) pressurized
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||supercharged - (of e.g. an engine) having the power increased by fitting with a supercharger|
powered - (often used in combination) having or using or propelled by means of power or power of a specified kind; "powered flight"; "kerosine-powered jet engines"
|2.||supercharged - fraught with great emotion; "an atmosphere charged with excitement"; "an emotionally charged speech"|
emotional - of more than usual emotion; "his behavior was highly emotional"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
1. (Aut) → sobrealimentado
2. [atmosphere, environment] → sobrecargado
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
supercharged[ˈsuːpəˌtʃɑːdʒd] adj (Aut) → sovralimentato/a
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995