suspensive(redirected from suspensiveness)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Serving or tending to suspend or temporarily stop something.
2. Characterized by or causing suspense.
1. having the power of deferment; effecting suspension
2. causing, characterized by, or relating to suspense
3. inclined to defer judgment; undecided
1. pertaining to or characterized by suspension.
2. having the effect of suspending the operation of something.
3. undecided in mind.
4. pertaining to, characterized by, or expressing suspense.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||suspensive - (of a situation) characterized by or causing suspense|
tense - in or of a state of physical or nervous tension
|2.||suspensive - undecided or characterized by indecisiveness|
indecisive - characterized by lack of decision and firmness; "an indecisive manager brought the enterprise to a standstill"