1. The skin of a swan with the feathers attached.
2. Any of several flannel or cotton fabrics with a soft nap.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Textiles) the skin of a swan with the feathers attached
2. (Textiles) a fine twill-weave flannel fabric
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the skin of a swan, with the feathers on.
2. any of various softly napped fabrics, esp. a flannellike wool used for work clothes.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.