sybaritic(redirected from sybariticly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Devoted to or marked by pleasure and luxury.
2. Sybaritic Of or relating to Sybaris or its people.
1. (Placename) of or relating to the ancient Greek colony of Sybaris or its inhabitants
2. (Peoples) of or relating to the ancient Greek colony of Sybaris or its inhabitants
3. (Historical Terms) of or relating to the ancient Greek colony of Sybaris or its inhabitants
Syb•a•rit•ic(ˌsɪb əˈrɪt ɪk)
1. (usu. l.c.) pertaining to or characteristic of a sybarite.
2. of or pertaining to Sybaris or its residents.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||sybaritic - displaying luxury and furnishing gratification to the senses; "an epicurean banquet"; "enjoyed a luxurious suite with a crystal chandelier and thick oriental rugs"; "Lucullus spent the remainder of his days in voluptuous magnificence"; "a chinchilla robe of sybaritic lavishness"|
indulgent - characterized by or given to yielding to the wishes of someone ; "indulgent grandparents"