sync(redirected from synching)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
Related to synching: syncing
syncor synch (sĭngk)Informal
1. Synchronization: "an effect like that of stereo speakers slightly out of sync" (Time).
2. Harmony; accord: in sync with today's fashions.
intr. & tr.v. synced, sync·ing, syncs or synched or synch·ing or synchs
sync(sɪŋk) films television computing or
1. (Film) an informal word for synchronize
2. (Broadcasting) an informal word for synchronize
3. (Computer Science) an informal word for synchronize
n., v. synced or synched (sɪŋkt) sync•ing or synch•ing (ˈsɪŋ kɪŋ) n.
1. synchronization.v.t., v.i.
2. to synchronize.
[1930–35; shortened form]
Past participle: synced
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||sync - make synchronous and adjust in time or manner; "Let's synchronize our efforts"|
adjust, correct, set - alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard; "Adjust the clock, please"; "correct the alignment of the front wheels"
phase - adjust so as to be in a synchronized condition; "he phased the intake with the output of the machine"